Assistance to strengthen participants’ abilities to coordinate and implement supports and participate more fully in the community’ including:
- initial assistance with linking participants with the right providers to meet their needs
- assistance to source providers
- coordination of a range of supports both funded and mainstream
- building on informal supports
- resolving points of crisis
- Parenting training, and developing participant resilience in their own network and community.
Assisting with, and/or supervising, personal tasks of daily life to develop skills of the participant to live as autonomously as possible. These supports are provided individually to participants. The support can be provided in a range of environments.
- Assistance from a live-in carer
- Specialist home-based assistance for a child
- Personal carer
Increasing opportunities for community participation for people with disability and to explore ways in which their own organisation can play a role in supporting change.
Training and development activities to enable participants to increase their ability to live as autonomously as possible including:
- Skills development in a group
- Individual life and personal skills development
- Individual social/living skills development
- Training for carers/parents
- Training in planning and plan management
- Skills to increase independence in community, social and recreational participation
- Development of skills in household tasks
- Public transport training and support
- Social skills training
- Training in planning and management, numeracy, literacy, money/financial management
Supports to enable the participant to maintain their home environment. This may involve undertaking essential household tasks or the provision of support that the participant is not able to undertake.
Enabling people to maintain their home environment. Services include: delivered meals, house/yard maintenance, house cleaning, laundry.
Provision of nursing care to promote physical well-being including preventive monitoring of ongoing conditions and provision of direct treatments not able to be undertaken by the person as a result of their disability. This is not acute nursing care as delivered by the health system.
Assisting participants to participate actively in community, social and civic activities by developing and enhancing a participant’s skills and providing supports during these activities.
- Group based activities in a centre
- Group based community activities
- Community and social activities
Managing the funding for supports under a participant’s plan including: purchasing the supports identified in the plan, including any applicable indirect costs, for example taxes, associated with the supports; receiving and managing any funding provided by the NDIA; and acquitting any funding provided by the NDIA.
Assisting with and/or supervising tasks of daily life with a focus on developing the skills of the individuals to live as autonomously as possible. The support is provided to each person living in the arrangement in accordance with their need. This may include participant s living in the same household or in cluster units or participant s living in a host family arrangement. This activity occurs in a group living situation that can be either ongoing or temporary.
Assistance with Daily Living covers Assistance with daily personal activities such as personal hygiene activities, or supervision of personal daily tasks; which support a participant to live as independently as possible at home, and in the community.
- Assistance with daily personal activities
- Assistance with household tasks
- Assistance in Shared Living Arrangements, and
- Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation and Assistance (or respite).
We provide transport to enable participants to fully participate in community, social, economic and daily life activities. This includes, but is not limited to, taxis and specialist transport arrangements. It is provided when participants are unable to access alternative forms of transport as a result of their disability.
A plan developed aimed at limiting the likelihood of behaviours of concern developing and/or increasing. This plan provides assistance to a participant, their family and support persons to identify behaviours of concern, or that cause harm to participant or others and to design and undertake specific positive behaviour support strategies.
Interventions including intensive behaviour support/management plan; Training for carers and others in behaviour management strategies
Therapeutic supports to assist the participant to gain skills and improve independence related to identified needs in areas such as language and communication, personal care, mobility and movement, interpersonal interactions, community living to support positive changes in the person’s functioning, development and well-being. Therapeutic supports are delivered by professionals including Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech and Language Pathology and Psychology or by a therapy assistant under the supervision of the therapist.
- Individual and group support including: individual (OT, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Social Work, Speech Pathology)
- Group therapy (OT, Physiotherapy, Psychology, Social Work, Speech Pathology)
- Individual/group family focussed information and training
- Counselling for an individual or as part of a group
Design and subsequent changes to the home including installation of equipment or changes to building structures, fixture or fittings to enable participants to live as independently as possible or to live safely at home.
Home modifications to meet individual situations and needs.
Assisting participant to communicate as independently as possible through assistance to the participant to communicate in essential, personal, social or community activities.
Providing assistance to the participant to enable independent communication in essential personal, social or community activities where translation is not available from a mainstream service.
We charge at the price limit in the NDIS Support Catalogue for all our services.